What manga or comics are you reading?

A section for fans of both Western and Eastern forms of graphic novels, manga, magazines, books, and everything in between.
iwatch2muchanime

Re: What manga or comics are you reading?

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:38 pm

i don't read much but right now im reading the DC Comic FOREVER EVIL from the New 52. Someone in my house bought it so im sign it as toilet reading material.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:51 am

For me it's all about the Yuri right now heh. Got Whispered Words vol 1 collected edition for Christmas. Sucker is big so I'm enjoying it. Collected vol 2 is out now so I'll probably get it soon. I also plan to start Citrus vol 1 soon.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:11 am

Continuing with the Yuri theme as of late I did acquire Whispered Words vol 2 and Citrus vol 1. I also got Girlfriends vol 1 & 2 from Right Stuf as well. More Yuri than you can shake a stick at heh. I'm also going back and re-reading my Ai Yori Aoshi manga. One of my favorites.

beken

Postby beken » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:59 pm

I bought a couple of issues of Captain America comic books for my homestay student because he is a fan of Captain America. I was at a comic store in Nanaimo BC. One of the books has an alternate cover. Does anybody know if there is any collectibility with comics that have Alternate covers?

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:08 pm

Well I just got the most recent volumes of both Monster Musume and Dragon's Rioting because...well.....boobs. :lol: I like to have 1 or 2 campy & simply guilty pleasure manga to read. Keeps me smiling and lightens the mood. Though I will say MM has been more enjoyable than I thought with some actual sweet moments in the manga. Inbetween all the monster T&A of course. DR is simply girls with exploding clothes fighting. Though having a main male protagonist who can kick ass from the start is a nice change of pace.To keep the T&A train going I'm going to start the Freezing omnibus volumes while I wait for new releases for MM & DR. Also waiting for the newest volume of Citrus to finally release later this summer.

For a more serious change of pace, and to balance out all the boobs and butt, I ordered the vol 1 omnibus of Orange. It's gotten good reviews & was recommended to me by some friends. So I decided to pick up the first omnibus volume with my last anime order. It just arrived today (along with my Yona of the Dawn and Seraph of the End anime) so I'll be starting it in the next few days.

I also plan to finally get to the Battle Angel Alita Last Order omnibus volumes a friend sent me. Wanted to get caught up on my other manga and American comic titles before I delved into those 4 big volumes of goodness.

Sentire

Postby Sentire » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:05 pm

I actually am reading more comics than manga. At the moment, I'm into the following:

Wayward
Rat Queens
East of West
Shutter
Pretty Deadly
The Wicked & The Devine

The comic book shop I go to had a recent 20% off sale on all trade paperbacks, and I picked up "Sky Doll: Decade." I haven't finished it yet, but I like the art work and the premise. Here is a link to the Publishers Weekly synopsis:
http://www.publishersweekly.com/978-1-78276-736-7

I'm looking forward to finishing this one.

beken

Postby beken » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:14 pm

Just a reminder that free comic book day for 2017 is on May 6.

Return to “Manga, Comics, & Literature”