My Anime List

Area to discuss all things anime related.
braves

Re: My Anime List

Postby braves » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:04 pm

So, um, what happened to the club (if anything)? I don't see it listed anywhere on my profile....

Pastachan

Postby Pastachan » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:10 pm

You shouldn't search for it on your profile, but from under the dropdown option "My Clubs."

It's hidden (since invites now work), meaning it doesn't show up on your profile. Not that anything interesting has been going on in the club, which is partially my fault. It's not like anyone's on this site either.
Avatar: © Range Murata, futuregraph #92
MyAnimeList | Twitter | Plurk

braves

Postby braves » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:35 am

Ah, I see it now. ^_^'

Yeah, I haven't been watching that much anime of late thanks to school eating up my schedule (though it's most likely due to poor time management) so I don't see much reason to log onto MAL. That's really the norm this time of year....

Truered

Postby Truered » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:05 pm

I really need to finish watching HSoTD. Then on MAL at least I'll have completed 200 things.

Currently stands at:
(completed) TV: 136, OVA: 28, Movies: 27, Spcl.: 5, Eps: 2,917

And it would appear if I add "ONAs" to it, it actually reached 199 things, as opposed to the 196 the above comes to :lol:
Image Image Image

Zin5ki

Postby Zin5ki » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:01 pm

You're already entitled to join their "connoisseurs' club", as tempting as that may or may not be.

Truered

Postby Truered » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:44 pm

Zin5ki wrote:You're already entitled to join their "connoisseurs' club", as tempting as that may or may not be.

I'm think I'm too generous with my ratings to ever be considered by them :lol:

Then again my mean score is .2 below the maximum mean rating limit ;)
Image Image Image

iwatch2muchanime

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:03 am

lol they friggin invited me a day after i put my initial list together, which is a week after getting the ANN boot.

Currently Watching:
TV: 374, OVA: 138, Movies: 6, Spcl.: 13, Eps: 4,260, DL Eps: 0, Days: 67.54, Mean Score: 6.8, Score Dev.: -0.48

Completed:
TV: 480, OVA: 568, Movies: 194, Spcl.: 91, Eps: 15,222, DL Eps: 0, Days: 257.72, Mean Score: 7.1, Score Dev.: 0.03

ningensei

Postby ningensei » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:20 pm

So I just logged into to my anime list for the first time in months, and I've noticed that many of the titles have now been switched to their Japanese names, regardless of how well it's known. For example, instead of Please Save My Earth, its listed by its Japanese name on my manga section. I guess it doesn't really bother me too much because I can read Japanese and I know what the show/manga title is; I just found it kind of strange that they chose to do that. I know that some shows are more known by their English titles and some by their Japanese names.

Just something I noticed, not sure how long it has been that way.

Pastachan

Postby Pastachan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:53 pm

ningensei wrote:I guess it doesn't really bother me too much because I can read Japanese and I know what the show/manga title is; I just found it kind of strange that they chose to do that. I know that some shows are more known by their English titles and some by their Japanese names.

I think it's because they're elitist Japanophiles. MAL is primarily an English-language site, so I find it strange that they choose not to use official or obvious names (e.g. "Kigeki" instead of "Comedy," "Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu" instead of "Tweeny Witches"). Then again, they also post information on how to get stuff illegally, so they probably don't care about being official.

I'm not gonna kill myself over names, obviously, but it would seriously improve life/consistency/organization if they did it ANN's way.

ningensei

Postby ningensei » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:47 am

^Yes, consistency is the biggest issue for me. I think it would make the site feel more professional and put together, but that might be too much to ask for.

Bonham

Postby Bonham » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:07 am

I can't wait until MAL starts rendering titles like so: "Buriichu," "Wan pisu," "Desu noto."

d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

Postby d.yaro » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:36 pm

^ Face palm... Well, I did encounter a slight speed bump trying to track down "RD Sennou Choushitsu"(sic) since it's in the MAL encyclopedia as "Read Drive". I searched using "RD" and got countless pages of stuff as a result. :oops:

PS: Yes, I'm trying to keep the pulse going for our MAL AniAlley club: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=272776
"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars." - Hugh Laurie

Sukunai

Postby Sukunai » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:05 pm

There is NO love coming from me today for MAL as you might already know.

The site, regardless of what it pretends to offer, is controlled by petty fucking [harsh language! -p]. Not saying that in regards to a club owner though, this is directed solely and entirely at people who hold the ability to ban.

Guys, posting comments outside of your club is definitely likely to be a bad idea.
I strongly advise against it.

Just takes one cock sucking small minded little shit to effectively make what you think of the place moot if you ain't able to go there eh.

No idea how long the ban will be forced on me. Currently wondering if I need to just grin and bear it and walk away from hanging out there.
Expert counsel, generous advice from friends, and my own knowledge has left me realizing, I am all that a man needs to be a man, and yet, I live half my day with a woman's frame of mind all the same.
I'd rather something in the way of more mundane troubles :)

iwatch2muchanime

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:51 am

haha i was banned from the Dub Club for a week and got back in because i was right, proved the dude who banned me wrong, showed how he wasn't a good choice to make an admin and showed it all to the club creator.

d.yaro
Head Moderator

Postby d.yaro » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:01 am

Uh iwatch, were you banned from MAL in its entirety or just the Dub Club? Sukunai is outright banned from all of MAL.

iwatch2muchanime

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:47 am

oh just the club, ya definitely not the site. Who'd ever get banned from a site?? Ahaha......... :cry:

Pastachan

Postby Pastachan » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:18 am

iwatch2muchanime wrote:Who'd ever get banned from a site?? Ahaha......... :cry:

D'aww.

Why'd you get banned anyway, Sukunai? Not sure if I really got it.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:27 pm

Think cause he told off some weaboo admin there for being a tool or something. Have to say that place more and more reminds me of an even worse AOD. I dunno how long it's been since I updated my anime list there. It's funny too because on ANN and other forums I've had people call me a liar saying I have not watched a show because my MAL profile didn't say I had. As if I update the damn thing daily just so every d-bag in a forum can stay up to speed with what I'm watching second by second.

Sukunai

Postby Sukunai » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:37 pm

Pastachan wrote:
iwatch2muchanime wrote:Who'd ever get banned from a site?? Ahaha......... :cry:

D'aww.

Why'd you get banned anyway, Sukunai? Not sure if I really got it.

Something I have trouble picturing as a terms of service violation.

I believe it is all just as a result of my throwing doubt to the assertion a person was the 59 year old adult they claimed they were.

I didn't do anything hostile, nothing offensive, certainly wasn't posting content in violation of rules. I wasn't being mean to other members in any fashion worth comment.

Heck I posted a thread inquiring of persons exceeding 25 years old. Just wanted to get a feel for the non teen demographic portion of the site.
Because not everyone is a teen and not everyone is over 30, so not everyone will be part of Chelle's club.

They dump my Anime Forums thread in spam and call it not relevant to the topicality of Anime Discussions. How the fuck is wondering how many anime fans are over 25 non relevant to anime? It wasn't a fucked in the head poll like is common with 13 year olds.
Shit right now, Sankaku has a poll asking how often a person takes a piss in a day. Now THAT is spam.

They updated the message though. Now I am informed the ban is only temporary with no qualifier though what that entails.

I think the first thing I am doing when the ban lifts, is barrage the club with alternatives to how to connect with me off of MAL.
Going to maybe make a major campaign for joining us here as well as maybe create a place of my own as a secondary portal to anime commentary online.
Expert counsel, generous advice from friends, and my own knowledge has left me realizing, I am all that a man needs to be a man, and yet, I live half my day with a woman's frame of mind all the same.
I'd rather something in the way of more mundane troubles :)

d.yaro
Head Moderator

Postby d.yaro » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:35 am

I just want to share this gem (well, I thought it was funny) on the MAL:TLY club discussion thread "Series you've started watching"(sic):

Krimson on MAL wrote:
VillettaIchihara wrote:1. Yosuga no Sora Episode 1

I now refer to this show as Titty Titty Bang Bang.

Return to “Anime”