SANDS of Destruction?

Area to discuss all things anime related.
iwatch2muchanime

SANDS of Destruction?

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:18 am

There was an anime that came out a year or so ago called WORLD DESTRUCTION, based on the game WOrld Destruction, or Sands of Destruction depending on where you got it.

now the anime is called World Destrucion, no subtitle or anything that has anything to do with SAND so why.....
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827 ... 5381/4/0/0

would FUNimation re-name the damn title to Sands of Destruction? I understand the game relationship but it has no place in the show really and I don't believe it should be so, GAY.

chrisb

Re: SANDS of Destruction?

Postby chrisb » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:43 am

I have the game, it's also called Sands of Destruction, this guy kinda has a power that turns people into sand (not that he wants to) so I guess that's why they named it that? Even though the game is more about the threat of the world being destroyed than people being turned into sand :lol:

Emerje
Tech Staff

Postby Emerje » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:59 am

I rather liked the anime, but in that version of the story (and from what I can tell it's entirely different from the game and manga) sand wasn't all that destructive, it was just kinda part of their world like the ocean is ours. I guess they made the name change simply to coincide with the game, but I don't even understand why the game needed a name change in the first place. "World Destruction" is a name that makes you curious about who or what could be destroying the world, "Sands of Destruction" is kinda boring and misleading. It's like "The World Ends With You", it makes you ask a bunch of questions and piques your curiosity long before you learn more.

Emerje
"I don't see the cup as half empty or half full, I see the cup as too big." - Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear)

AndrePaploo

Postby AndrePaploo » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:59 am

iwatch2muchanime wrote:There was an anime that came out a year or so ago called WORLD DESTRUCTION, based on the game WOrld Destruction, or Sands of Destruction depending on where you got it.

now the anime is called World Destrucion, no subtitle or anything that has anything to do with SAND so why.....
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827 ... 5381/4/0/0

would FUNimation re-name the damn title to Sands of Destruction? I understand the game relationship but it has no place in the show really and I don't believe it should be so, GAY.

To tie into Sega's marketing strategy for the US, and attract people who buy the game by having the corresponding, simultaneously released anime have the same title?

Basically, to better the chances of making money.

iwatch2muchanime

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:08 pm

to better the chance of being stupid you mean, the game name is bad also

Return to “Anime”