Disney XD. Naruto shippuden. Yes it's true

Area to discuss all things anime related.
Zanarkand Princess

Disney XD. Naruto shippuden. Yes it's true

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:33 pm

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... den-in-u.s

I don't know how to feel. WTF. was my first reaction.

braves

Re: Disney XD. Naruto shippuden. Yes it's true

Postby braves » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:41 am

I didn't even believe it at first.

But I'll only watch the first episode and some of the other episodes from time to time (mostly the ones that have Norio Matsumoto's animation in them). I plan to collect the box sets anyways, so I don't really feel the urge to follow an edited version of a show I've already watched before (and of a mostly mediocre production no less). Good thing for Viz, though.

I do wonder how things will go when they hit the Hidan and Kakuzu arc. Ha ha. :lol:

This news did make one of my favorite VAs to post in the thread over at ANN, so that's another plus.

Saki

Postby Saki » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:07 pm

Disney wants to monopolize us. Lame.
ImageImage

Nankatsu's Field: Updated every Monday

Littlewolf

Postby Littlewolf » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:36 pm

Well... I can see how it's a good business move, but on the other hand the fan in me goes there is no way in hell they'll let it go uncut, especially with all the stuff that can be considered "occult" so... GOD DAMMIT DISNEY!

But then again, who knows, maybe Disney will try for a more mature audience, what with their recent acquisition of Marvel and all... I'm still waiting to see lovey dovey wolverine in a Princess Dress. Still haven't seen it... so there is hope.
See Scott Pilgrim or Die Trying (you may earn a life in the process)

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:13 pm

Well I guess we will all learn that we shouldn't trust the mouse when Miley Cyrus is Mary Jane and Joe Jonas in Spider-man.

iwatch2muchanime

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:42 am

i don't think it's gonna be a problem at all.

I mean i'm gonna watch it and complain about it for being complete crap just like the japanese version, except now i can complain about it with Disney logos all over it.

Naruto KH3?

Past

Postby Past » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:29 pm

Saki wrote:Disney wants to monopolize us. Lame.

Exactly the same sentiment here, especially with using XD as their acronym, pretty bold move but just shows they just want to take advantage of the young internet generation which makes up a huge portion of anime fans.
In Soviet Russia; witches strike you!Image

freezespell
Location: Here at Anime Alley, living my dreams through other people AND showing off the mother of my child.

Postby freezespell » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:01 pm

So, Naruto Shippuden is coming to Disney XD, untranslated subtitle and all, huh? That's one very speculated mystery solved. I have another one: I actually took time to read the entire thread based on that news story above and I'm sure it's a question that's just as old as the anime industry in the U.S. itself: Why are all these Narutards spazzing out over the fact that it's going to a Disney-related channel? At least it's not going to be on 4KidsTV and if I'm not mistaken, wasn't the first Naruto series supposed to be on 4KidsTV before Cartoon Network swiped up the broadcast rights to it? Well, anyway, even though it was at one time their highest rated show, "Cartoon" Network has obviously decided to go in another direction with their programming so I had all but assumed that that channel was out of the question.

Wow, it's been a while since I posted anything in this section of the forums. Ironic, since this is supposed to be an anime themed message board, isn't it? :lol:
Kami-sama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. Sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
"I'm gonna go cash an Over/Under 69 with Jenn Sturger. Laters." -@NFLcommishFAKE
"You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored." -Cliff Burton
"Honestly, If I wanted to see King Hippo dance, I'd play Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" -The Miz

Big thanks to Littlewolf for the sig! :D

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:00 pm

^ First off your sig is epically cool.

Well they are showing the Fresh Prince of Bel Air at 6 o clock PM too so maybe they'll have a tiny little TV-PG block. Heck Nicktoons Network is airing TV-14 stuff around 6 and 7 also... seriously.

AndrePaploo

Postby AndrePaploo » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:29 am

Makes sense to me- Disney wants the boys market with Disney XD, has programming to fill, and Naruto is a reliable brand after it's stint on CN. With CN uninterested due to their current issues with programming [ie- attempts to get into reality/liveaction programming and ignoring their mainstays of network-produced originals and licensed animated shows], Disney is the next biggest ship to hop to, and probably more into programming anime/action shows than Nickolodeon given their catalogue of Saban's anime and assorted Marvel shows.

edit-- hurm, may have to reconfigure new sig.....

Return to “Anime”