New ABe Project

Area to discuss all things anime related.
Bonham

New ABe Project

Postby Bonham » Wed May 20, 2009 9:49 pm

From ANN:

Manga creator and character designer Yoshitoshi ABe (Serial Experiments Lain, Haibane Renmei) revealed at Washington's Sakura-Con 2009 last month that he is developing a new anime called Desperant (デスペラント), but he added that the project will not be made public in Japan until around May 20. ABe is working with many of the same staffers with whom he created Lain. The story is set in Japan's Taishō era about a century ago. Since the project has not been officially unveiled in Japan, ABe did not detail the story further, but he did present an imageboard drawing and sample work from the project.

None of you have any idea how happy I am right now.

BrothersElric

Re: New ABe Project

Postby BrothersElric » Wed May 20, 2009 9:55 pm

HellKorn wrote:None of you have any idea how happy I am right now.

I think I do. ;)

Yeah, I have to say, that's looking very interesting. Anytime you get ABe to do a series, nonetheless the same crew that worked on Lain with him, that's the case. Definitely gonna have to look into this one, though I think my only fear is that it might break my head the same way Lain did....... >.>

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Sun May 24, 2009 3:13 pm

HellKorn wrote:None of you have any idea how happy I am right now.

No, I really do. I thought I was the only one who was this happy.

Littlewolf

Postby Littlewolf » Sun May 24, 2009 3:23 pm

Heh, I probably do since I'm estatic. (imports Abe doujinshi and buys every artbook, english and japanese she can get her hands on)

I'm excited for the historical setting. Have yet to have that with Abe that I can recall.
See Scott Pilgrim or Die Trying (you may earn a life in the process)

Bonham

Postby Bonham » Tue May 26, 2009 8:53 pm

Littlewolf wrote:Heh, I probably do since I'm estatic. (imports Abe doujinshi and buys every artbook, english and japanese she can get her hands on)

I'm not fanatical enough to buy his doujinshi, but I've also imported both the NieA_7 and Haibane Renmei art book; the latter was particularly expensive, as it's OOP. (I managed to find a $40 copy on Kinokuniya's website.)

It is a crime against humanity that a Texhnolyze art book was never made.

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Tue May 26, 2009 11:52 pm

Haven't you noticed? Little Wolf buys a lot of doujinshi. I'm glad this show is being made not only because of the amazing staff but because it's one less Ah! My Budda being made :shock:

Pastachan

Postby Pastachan » Wed May 27, 2009 3:36 am

HellKorn wrote:It is a crime against humanity that a Texhnolyze art book was never made.

What?! :o

No wonder images are so hard to find...
Avatar: © Range Murata, futuregraph #92
MyAnimeList | Twitter | Plurk

Littlewolf

Postby Littlewolf » Wed May 27, 2009 6:11 pm

Zanarkand Princess wrote:Haven't you noticed? Little Wolf buys a lot of doujinshi.

*nods in affimation* All I spend my money on outside of the necessities are manga, books for reading, and books for "Research". I have a giant shelf dedicated to art books for reference, which is a mix of how to books, western art books, as well as Asian. Abe has a huge section dedicated to him because I have worshiped his art style since I discovered Lain oh so many years ago (omg, his use of color, I love it so), right next to Yoshitaka Amano. There's many an art project I'll pull one of his books out to stare at for his color palates or something.

But most of the doujinshi I'll just pack up in plastic wrap and put into boxes, daring every once in a while to risk bending the cover to look at the pretties. I don't really know why I collect doujinshi. I'll buy a doujinshi lot for a single doujinshi because it has fantastic art, and end up with 6 lesser, crappy art style doujinshi, so I just put them away in a box. I doubt I'll be able to resell most of them since their demand goes with how popular the series is at the time.

But Abe... I can always resell I know, but I shall never do it!
See Scott Pilgrim or Die Trying (you may earn a life in the process)

Return to “Anime”