Perfect / Pointless / Poignant Quotes

Area to discuss all things anime related.
Psycho 101
Promoter

Re: Perfect / Pointless / Poignant Quotes (from ANN).

Postby Psycho 101 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:44 am

Should happen come the finals lol.

darksideoftheanime

Postby darksideoftheanime » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:57 pm

braves wrote:And there's a darkside sighting on ANN. :shock:

Ya, after reading that thread I felt that I just had to post something in there, especially after reading Chagen46's (I wasn't really calling them whores, I was just saying in a metaphorical way they were acting like whores) reply :roll:
Dammit, it’s my turn to say dammit.” -Daria.
What are you listening to? challenge: Completed 102 of 114.

braves

Postby braves » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:21 pm

^ heh, the best part is when they try to defend their statements. The metaphor route is one of my favorites.

From here:
Zac wrote:
ayashe wrote:I don't support Funimation dictators

It's a hard life, I know, living under the fascist Funimation regime.

Some days the bread lines are so long we don't get any food until sundown, and that's when the marauders come out.

Supreme Lord Heiskell announced even further sanctions against the city's poor, offering only original Dragonball episodes to anyone working below the third tier.

What we need is a revolution... but all hope is lost.

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:38 pm

^you seriously need to put that on the ANN quotes thread. It must be immortalized!

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:09 am

From the Best Supporting Character Tournament:

RHachicho wrote:
dtm42 wrote:I'm not a quibbler

I agree with your post this time dtm42 but come on! That's so big a lie I think god just had to kill a kitten to restore the karmic balance lawl.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:42 am

bashfulglowfly wrote:From the Best Supporting Character Tournament:

RHachicho wrote:
dtm42 wrote:I'm not a quibbler

I agree with your post this time dtm42 but come on! That's so big a lie I think god just had to kill a kitten to restore the karmic balance lawl.

Ain't that the damn truth. DTM saying he's not a quibbler is like a leper saying it's just a rash.

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:59 am

Psycho 101 wrote:Ain't that the damn truth. DTM saying he's not a quibbler is like a leper saying it's just a rash.

QFT :!:

doug19992000

Postby doug19992000 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:44 pm

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:33 am

Yes the moderators there are violent, wife beating, child kicking, puppy eating sons of whores with venom for blood. They randomly go to the houses of posters whose threads have been locked and they "moderate" the poster. This involves some sort of violent physical beating and afterwards some sort of depraved act with the poster's possessions. And to be real assholes they drink milk right from the carton until only a swig is left and then put it back in the fridge. Dirty rotten sons of bitches.

Past

Postby Past » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:42 am

This could very well be the most epic comment in an ANN thread all year.
abunai wrote:There you go. Facts. Now do what FOX News does, and ignore them. I can always lock this thread.

From the recent AIR TV thread.
In Soviet Russia; witches strike you!Image

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:32 am

Heh funny thing is John Stewart just ripped on Fox news tonight. Must be a bust on Fox News night.

Littlewolf

Postby Littlewolf » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:56 pm

Psycho 101 wrote:Heh funny thing is John Stewart just ripped on Fox news tonight. Must be a bust on Fox News night.

I was under the assumption Stewart ripps Fox news every night. Seems not a day goes by he doesn't focus on some stupid little bit they tried to pass on as journalism.
See Scott Pilgrim or Die Trying (you may earn a life in the process)

abunai

Postby abunai » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:06 pm

Psycho 101 wrote:Yes the moderators there are violent, wife beating, child kicking, puppy eating sons of whores with venom for blood.

Not true, sadly. My doctor has made me give up puppy-eating. I'm on a strict kittens-and-bunnies diet. :(

- abunai

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:37 am

Littlewolf wrote:
Psycho 101 wrote:Heh funny thing is John Stewart just ripped on Fox news tonight. Must be a bust on Fox News night.

I was under the assumption Stewart ripps Fox news every night. Seems not a day goes by he doesn't focus on some stupid little bit they tried to pass on as journalism.

Well this was special as Fox news finally admits they are Republican whores. Fox news corp donated 1 million directly to the republican party. Totally unbiased and fair. Yup that's them. So when is the wedding is the real question heh.

abunai wrote:
Psycho 101 wrote:Yes the moderators there are violent, wife beating, child kicking, puppy eating sons of whores with venom for blood.

Not true, sadly. My doctor has made me give up puppy-eating. I'm on a strict kittens-and-bunnies diet. :(

- abunai

Poor, poor bastard. However are you managing? Lots of marinades and spices I assume. I mean kittens are so gamey and bunnies...nothing but muscle and bone. No real meat.

abunai

Postby abunai » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:41 am

I cheat. I sometimes sneak a puppy in as an after-midnight snack. Mmm.... schnauzers.

Also... goddammit. How numerically illiterate can people get? That whole "anime decline" thread with ikillchicken's graphs on numbers of anime produced... it just bugs the Hell out of me. Half the posters in that thread wouldn't know statistical analysis if it bit them on the arse, followed them home and took up residence in their laundry hamper.

Ikillchicken is bad enough with his attitude that his half-witted interpretation of the data is absolutely right (even though it is clearly wrong). At least he has thought about his data, even if wrongly -- he just doesn't know enough to analyze it properly, and he is too stubborn to admit his limitations.

But all the idiots that weigh in with even less than a millionth of a clue... GRRR. Latest is some berk called Frazmataz, a new user who reads threads like jocks read books: pictures only.

I swear, it's enough to make me want to break out my nail-studded bat and go Dokuro-chan on them.

- abunai

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:42 pm

Been watching that thread and decided to not even bother to post. Between ikill and DTM's massive egos there's no room for real discussion. It's a glorified I'm right and you're wrong thread. But with charts.

abunai

Postby abunai » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:49 pm

Psycho 101 wrote:Been watching that thread and decided to not even bother to post. Between ikill and DTM's massive egos there's no room for real discussion. It's a glorified I'm right and you're wrong thread. But with charts.

Yep. But notice that none of them actually refer to the charts directly. They just say "the charts show", and then they go on to spout whatever bias thet already have -- even when that is in direct contrast to what the data and the charts actually do show.

I'm the only one (well, and larinon) in that thread actually doing any sort of analysis on the data, intead of just waving them like a banner. They're like a bunch of Tea Party dingbats, waving the Constitution about in support of their prejudices, while completely ignoring what it actually says.

Hence my little remark, in that thread, about the difference between science and faith.

- abunai

EDIT: Oh, joy. Petrified Jello just weighed in.

Bonham

Postby Bonham » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:37 pm

Sorry, haven't read through the whole thread in detail, buuuut... I'm kind of confused as to what ikillchicken's parameters are. Less television anime has been produced in the past couple years compared to the immediate preceeding years, but they also roughly correspond to earlier this past decade. The "other" category seems relatively stable, as well. Going by that, wouldn't, uh, 2006 be considered an anomaly?

I mean, I'm not expecting a fully comprehensive overview and analysis like this site, but it would be useful to have clearly set and agreeable standards when attempting to judge the graphs.

abunai

Postby abunai » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:10 pm

HellKorn wrote:Sorry, haven't read through the whole thread in detail, buuuut... I'm kind of confused as to what ikillchicken's parameters are. Less television anime has been produced in the past couple years compared to the immediate preceeding years, but they also roughly correspond to earlier this past decade. The "other" category seems relatively stable, as well. Going by that, wouldn't, uh, 2006 be considered an anomaly?

Precisely -- that's the point I've been making throughout. But, of course, that's not what this thread is really about. It's Ikillchicken Little at his very worst, wanting us to believe the sky is falling, and getting very, very pissy when I point out that his data doesn't support his claim. I am such a nasty person, a totally despicable excuse for a human being -- because I have the effrontery to disagree with him.

Notice, btw, how he cherry-picks his data. When wanting to support one postulate, he looks at the data using one set of parameters -- and then he turns around and changes the parameters when he wants to support a different postulate.

I really wish I were his thesis advisor, I'd have such fun throwing him out of my office.

- abunai

Bonham

Postby Bonham » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:28 pm

abunai wrote:Notice, btw, how he cherry-picks his data. When wanting to support one postulate, he looks at the data using one set of parameters -- and then he turns around and changes the parameters when he wants to support a different postulate.
See, this makes me think that: A) he has never taken a statistics course (let alone read up on statistics himself or B) he has forgotten everything he has learned about data analysis. Even if I didn't much care for the stats class I took -- made the mistake of taking a philosophy-centered one, which is largely more theoretical, and it didn't help that the instructor didn't do a good job teaching -- I still took a lot from it.

Not that I'd ever claimed to be much of an expect in anything, but it'd be nice if people only really posted when they know what they're talking about (of course, this would mean that at least a quarter of the forum's total posts would be gone).

Return to “Anime”