Perfect / Pointless / Poignant Quotes

Area to discuss all things anime related.
Psycho 101
Promoter

Re: Perfect / Pointless / Poignant Quotes (from ANN).

Postby Psycho 101 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:10 am

And to think there's 10 more months left to find even dumber comments. Oh joy, 2011 is shaping up to be a blockbuster year alright.

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:23 am

GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
All of these products will see light of day next year when I forsee another anime R1/R2 boom especially since I think Japan's economy is going to surpass China's in the next decade.

:lol:

Pretty much any of this guy's posts in the "Navarre Sells Funimation" topic are kinda funny. "Flash media will keep money in our pockets and will destroy the DVD and Blu Ray market." "Sega will release a new console.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:49 am

Watch your mouth Chris!! Don't diss the Sega lol. If they did release a new system I'd have a fanboygasm moment.

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:15 am

Oh don't get me wrong, the Dreamcast will always be my number one gaming system! It's just wishful thinking that they have the resources to make a new console though :(

Emerje
Tech Staff

Postby Emerje » Thu May 19, 2011 6:36 am

Teriyaki Terrier wrote: I liked parts of the 90's, but the 90's ended about twenty years ago and times have changed.

Classic. :lol:

Emerje
"I don't see the cup as half empty or half full, I see the cup as too big." - Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear)

darksideoftheanime

Postby darksideoftheanime » Thu May 19, 2011 1:55 pm

Emerje wrote:It's been that long!? It only feels like 11 years, 4 months and 19 days ago... My how time flies.

Emerje

BEST...REPLY...EVER :lol:
Dammit, it’s my turn to say dammit.” -Daria.
What are you listening to? challenge: Completed 102 of 114.

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Thu May 19, 2011 3:47 pm

darksideoftheanime wrote:
Emerje wrote:It's been that long!? It only feels like 11 years, 4 months and 19 days ago... My how time flies.

Emerje

BEST...REPLY...EVER :lol:

I'm with you!

Emerje
Tech Staff

Postby Emerje » Thu May 19, 2011 8:10 pm

Thanks, I just couldn't let a comment like that go. :lol:

Emerje
"I don't see the cup as half empty or half full, I see the cup as too big." - Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear)

Truered

Postby Truered » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:45 pm

This isn't really the right place, but it wasn't major enough to warrant a new thread (which I thought existed, but doesn't appear to)

Is anyone else glad that anime news nina news elf arc is over? A few times I'd see on the sidebar it was still going and not bother. I ended up on the ANNina page on tv tropes a few days ago (no idea how) and the one off joke strips were really quite amusing, even moreso then I remembered.

I just prefer ANNina when it's mocking elements of the fandom and anime in general e.g.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/anime ... 2010-07-14

Also in keeping with my "oh god time is going too fast" I didn't realize how long I've been reading this (I'm fairly certain I read the first one the week it appeared)
Image Image Image

Pastachan

Postby Pastachan » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:50 am

Truered wrote:Is anyone else glad that anime news nina news elf arc is over?

YES. It was tiring. Unfortunately, I read it all due to my need to "complete" things, but it really dragged. Too much "plot."

Also, this week's shoulda been E3-themed.
Avatar: © Range Murata, futuregraph #92
MyAnimeList | Twitter | Plurk

braves

Postby braves » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:00 am

The last arc was pretty lame. Wasn't funny at all. Reading through a strip takes me less than a minute of my time, but I'm also looking forward to more episodic strips that at least give me a chuckle to make it worthwhile and don't leave me wondering "are they really still on the movie set?"

Emerje
Tech Staff

Postby Emerje » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:58 am

At least she knew enough to poke fun at herself for letting it drag on too long. It surely was a long weekend.

Emerje

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:00 am

Oh God ikill just got burned soooo good. He was bringing out the persecution complex in the Comm section against all us haters. See any of us who said we were disappointed in Vancouver fans who looted or were boo'ing during the Cup being given to Chara were labeled as haters. I was told "Face it man, you're a hater" for daring to mimic Derrick's words about Luongo and the team not having heart. He whined and bitched about how we were pissing on Vancouver fans (despite me saying earlier I was rooting for them and they were my #3 team behind my Caps and the Sabres) and just haters cause we didn't care when Boston gave cheap shots etc etc. Just the biggest persecution complex you have ever seen. Well his trolling is not going unnoticed lol.

Oh the irony of his post is simply delicious.

FYI guys, Gentry is a troll in the most direct sense. He deliberately posts stupid, inflammatory crap to try and piss people off. He's outright admitted it in the past and he's doing it again here. You're kidding yourself if you think this is an even vaguely legitimate question. He's just trying to stir up shit as usual. You're just playing into his hands by getting angry over his obnoxious comments.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/php ... 39#1230539

Which gave way too.....

"Chicken is just pissed because this guy totally beats him out in the trolling game Laughing

Nice troll sir. GG."

"And after witnessing ikillchicken’s new avatar, I’m pretty sure he is Roberto Luongo. Don’t be mad,"

Oh sweet irony and sweet sweet burns I drink thee like a fine wine. :lol:

d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

Postby d.yaro » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:15 am

Psycho 101 wrote:Oh God ikill just got burned soooo good. He was bringing out the persecution complex in the Comm section against all us haters. See any of us who said we were disappointed in Vancouver fans who looted or were boo'ing during the Cup being given to Chara were labeled as haters. I was told "Face it man, you're a hater" for daring to mimic Derrick's words about Luongo and the team not having heart. He whined and bitched about how we were pissing on Vancouver fans (despite me saying earlier I was rooting for them and they were my #3 team behind my Caps and the Sabres) and just haters cause we didn't care when Boston gave cheap shots etc etc. Just the biggest persecution complex you have ever seen. Well his trolling is not going unnoticed lol.

So ikillchicken's brain doesn't contain any functioning cells? I'm not surprised. Seems like the guy knows nothing about sport psychology (and I only have been exposed to an iota of it). The ANN forum...it's like it's an alternative universe.
"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars." - Hugh Laurie
My Flickr Photostream / My Plurk timeline

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:49 am

Yup the trolls and animals have been let loose. The once iron fist of the admins is now a latex glove that only inspects you for lumps once or twice a year. Between the tweens, trolls, and tards the place is really losing any credibility as a professional forum. Turned into AOD light really. I only go there mostly for the Comm section (minus ikill in it) and to read up on news articles and columns. Maybe the occasional anime thread.

doug19992000

Postby doug19992000 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:10 am

Zac's reply in this thread. Didn't link directly to his post because reading the whole thread just makes you appreciate it more. Don't worry it is only a page long, so you won't be sifting through 10 or 20 pages of junk.

braves

Postby braves » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:00 am

This:
einhorn303 wrote:
Bonham wrote:...But while I obviously cannot gauge what your meaning and intent is behind the last quoted remark--you might mean it purely in jest--it reminds me too much of this...

...You’re ignoring the way your life is otherwise entirely immersed in a state of absolute privilege and revealing the fact you fail to comprehend the process of objectification and marginalising they go through all the time. When you are Privileged®, “similar” experiences simply do not happen on an equal footing because they do not otherwise reflect marginalisation...

No minority population can lecture on this to lolicon. Any other minority's "othering" is like a pond compared to an ocean.

Which leads to this:
Zac wrote:Right, I remember the days when we had lolicon and non-lolicon drinking fountains and restrooms.

Oh and that time a lolicon church was bombed, killing 4 little lolicons inside.

Give me a god damn break

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:21 am

:lol: I don't recall lolicon fighting against centuries of oppression to get where they are today.
Last edited by chrisb on Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emerje
Tech Staff

Postby Emerje » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:25 am

Damn migrant lolicons, always picking fruit before it's ripe.

Emerje

Pastachan

Postby Pastachan » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:00 am

I remember that. One of those dudes made a rape joke near the end.

Bonham was talkin' about rape statistics or something. Then this crazy dude posts a story about a woman who accused some guy of rape, which was apparently a total lie, and then he "questions" the originally posted statistics wondering how much of that is really true. It's like, hey, what about the women who are really victimized you heartless sob? He wouldn't know anything about what women go through on a daily basis... Ass.

There's a really great article written about how women go around in "fear" of having to deal with men because of crap like this all the time. Too bad I can't find it anywhere on Google 'cause the author words everything perfectly. (I'll totally explain it wrong.)

Anyway, that's my rant about that thing.
Avatar: © Range Murata, futuregraph #92
MyAnimeList | Twitter | Plurk

Return to “Anime”