Otakon 2012

Area to discuss all things anime related.

Otakon 2012

Postby Sentire » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:50 am

Hello... it's that time of year again! Otakon 2012 pre-reg is already open.

July 27 - July 29, 2012 | Baltimore Convention Center
Baltimore, Maryland, USA

Anyone planning on going? Sean's the big planner, but I thought I would put this out there - to get people thinking about it. I had a lot of fun last year, being my first convention and all. It would be great if you guys can come again.... maybe this year we can hit the Baltimore Aquarium. I haven't been there yet myself.

I'll probably make reservations at the same hotel - the deal was pretty sweet, in comparison to others. I know for sure Sean and I are going. As always, are home is open for the days previous and prior!

Re: Otakon 2012

Postby doug19992000 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:13 pm

Seriously, doubt I'll be able to go due to the lack of funds. I was hoping I'd be able to go this year since I enjoy meeting people from the forums.

Postby classicalzawa » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:58 am

I'm going! I've yet to pre-reg though. I'm going to pre-reg at the same time as I do so for my step-sister, but I can't do that until we know for sure that her one friend is going. I don't mind taking her to the light rail and doing that whole thing, but I'm going with my own friends, she'd better not cling to me....

Tech Staff

Postby Emerje » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:05 am

Hate to say it, but Soul and I aren't going to make it this year. We really want to, especially since knowing other people there makes it all the more fun, but this was never meant to be something we'd do every year. We've been two years in a row now and need to take a break. We aren't even doing the big local con this year we've been going to for the last 10 years. We might make it back next year, might even start saving now. :D

"I don't see the cup as half empty or half full, I see the cup as too big." - Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear)

Postby Past » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:56 am

Nope I'm going to AX instead. I go every year and Otakon is too soon after it to even consider going to both. Got my flight to LA and registration purchased and I have a place to stay and transportation all lined up too.
In Soviet Russia; witches strike you!Image

Return to “Anime”